Michael - Dillon, Montana
Themes: integrity

Social instinct is based up on the pleasure of the companionship in the collaboration of others in our everyday lives. This small fact is the primary basis of ethics. Compassion is the starting point of public service. The public good is expressed in the dialogue of mutual aid. The guide to action is always moral self-control, and reciprocal support.

We as citizens of this world need to embrace our social responsibility as a resident of this planet to work to end any unnecessary suffering. Whether that suffering be the result of greed, hate, cruelty, exploitation or oppression. All living things should have the right to the best life possible. One hungry child on this planet diminishes all of us as human beings.

Humanist ethics is based upon what we do and not what we say we believe. The center of ethical behavior is the love of life and celebration of our commonly shared humanity all over the World. Humans of this World are a part of the natural environment, therefore people and Civilization is inseparable from Nature.

Eliminate the concept of sin and redemption, sin I think this only makes people feel bad. If you find any of your personal behavior awful or objectionable work, on changing that behavior. If I try to be the best Michael I know how everyday I am doing my part. A personal savior is not what I need. I need to be true to my values.

Enjoy life, we find life to be a celebration to be indulged in and not a burden to be endured.

To live in peace and accept there are different cultures and religions on this planet. To love, respect, tolerate, with considered kindness, reverence, and to make available a place for all people to have their differences in religion and cultures on this planet.

To live simply is the first canon. We have enough resources on this planet to support every individual with modest but comfortable life style.

The center of our ethical system is to act with the highest sense of integrity in our dealings with others. This is a profound commitment to being more friendly, sincere, open-minded, thoughtful and sympathetic to people and cultures different than our own. This is central to life of a democracy. Only in a democracy can the human being grow and develop in a way that best expresses their personal worth while respecting the personal worth of many diverse groups radically different that our own. This leads to a greater illustration of the potential and capability of each individual and the larger community.