brittany - kyle, Texas
Themes: hope

Follow Your Dreams. Always.

I believe in following your dreams. No matter what people tell you. No matter who tries to stand in your way. As cliché as that may sound, that’s something I believe in and always have. I live by it. First find out who you are and what it is you want out of life, then just go for it. As far as I can remember all I ever wanted to be was a “rock star.” Honestly my goals haven’t changed much, except the fact that I know a little more about the business.

Wanting to be a musician I’ve gotten a lot of “you know that’s not a real job,” and “you know not too many people actually make it,” but I’ve never let that get to me. Countless people have told me that I couldn’t make it as a musician or I wouldn’t do be able to make it that far, but I’ve learned to shake them off and move on.

I’ve always been the girl who wanted to stand out. I’ve got a head full the off the wall ideas in other peoples eyes, and pocket full of “monsters.” My monsters are my discarded thoughts of failure and not believing in myself. I always keep the monsters close. They remind me to do everything to the best of my ability. Failure to me, is not an option. I can honestly state that I don’t have a plan “B” for my life. The people who do have a back up plan are usually expecting to fail, and that’s just not me.

The people who inspire me, in most cases are musicians. Outside of my writing and music I voraciously read. I’ve read about many musicians’ pasts and how they came to where they are today. I love it when someone comes from virtually nothing and end up with the world at their feet, dropping hits like nobody’s business, but they’re really there for the scars and stories. The music runs through their veins and they’re just lucky to make a living out of something they love. That’s what I want eventually. I want to be able to share my thoughts with people. Believe me I have a lot to say. I want to perform on stage. I want to spend countless nights on the road, crawl into my bunk and go to sleep only to wake up in another city. I want to live a life some kids only dream of, and not for the money or luxuries. I’m sure they’re nice, but that’s not what’s important to me. Most people by now are probably thinking…wow…lots of kids dream of these things and only and handful actually make it. My response to that is…I will be one of those kids.

The point is to follow your dreams. Don’t let others write your story for you. It honestly doesn’t matter if you want to be a musician or a librarian. Know what you want and go after it with everything you have and everything you are.