Megan - Buda, Texas
Themes: carpe diem

I believe people should have fun and do new things when ever then get the chance, even if it may not be what people expect them to do.

Ever since I entered High School I have been pining myself down with work and outside obligations. Freshman year stared and I took the most challenging classes I could and then electives that I needed to graduate. Being in band and two other clubs; I thought that this would be a fun year and not to hard to get through. And it wasn’t I found it as easy and decided to take on more the next year.

Sophomore year I took even more challenging classes and got more involved with the two clubs and I started to raise money to go to Europe that summer. As the year went on and this happened not only in school but also at home what I had to do began to pile up even more then I expected. Up until one or two in the morning almost every day finishing homework after staying at school late or helping around the house or sometimes I just had that much homework. I began get really stressed out and could not wait for school to end so I could go to Europe. But as the end of the school year approached that meant selecting classes for the next and thinking ahead toward college I choose even harder classes.

After that year ended and I took my trip to Europe where I had a ton of fun and did things that were unexpected of me I felt free and relieved that I had no worries for those two weeks. But when I got back I stared up again and did 152 hours of community service, to get these hours I worked at a daycare center for five to eight hours a day for about six weeks. And then Band stared up and I stared thinking about school and having to finish my summer reading. I became very stressed again and the school year hadn’t even started yet. So when the opportunity came for me to take a day off from band and not worry about any thing I took it. It was one of the most fun nights in my life and I am glad I took it even through after that night I went back to my busy life it was a great feeling to have that night of fun and now every chance I get to have fun I take it.

So even if you think there is no time for fun in your life and you have a ton of work on your plate, if you get the chance to do something fun, and are relaxed during that time even if only an hour at least that’s an hour of stress free fun.