Bill - Buda, Texas

I believe in the need for laughter every day. Seriously, without a good joke every now and then, this is one dull depressing existence we’re living. We need humor to make light of otherwise serious situations, and that’s something I believe whole-heartedly.

Thousands of people die everyday. Among them every day will be infants, an incredibly horrible happening that hopefully hundreds haven’t had happen. But there is a silver lining to the terribly tragic turmoil: Dead Baby Jokes. Yes, it’s true, the only way I have learned to cope with the terrible reality of abortion and SIDS is by laughing in its face. That’s just a defense mechanism.

Let’s also take into consideration the debacle otherwise known as the last few months of the Clinton administration. A horrible, demoralizing den of debauchery deterred our views from what was once a successful presidency to President Clinton’s own personal faults. Did I cry myself to sleep after finding out the horrible truth? Maybe, but if so, only after an outrageous fit of laughter. As patriotic Americans we found it in our hearts to make joke after joke about our leader, as we still do today to lighten the mood while President Bush starts war after war.

Really people, it can’t be any clearer. Learn to laugh at yourself and everyone around you. Make light of the situation. To this day I firmly believe that the only way to cope is to find humor in your day-to-day life. You’ll make yourself feel better and maybe give your colleagues a laugh or two to boot. In the words of famous comedian Carlos Mencia, “If you ain’t laughing you ain’t living.” And that’s the truth.