Matt - Maple Grove, Minnesota
Themes: setbacks, work

“This I Believe”

I believe in a pre-determined life. A life where fate is all that comes next. Changes in your life are all a part of one big plan. After my 8th grade year in school I left my perfect life at my public school to attend one of the best private schools in Minnesota. This huge change in my life brought many battles and struggles that would come at me rather fast. I had to leave my paradise at my old home and change my life around to attend the new school. Life comes at you rather fast and as changes come at you, I will have to react and cope with them as they come. Life is not as easy as it may seem your life is set aside for you and you just have to push through and make the decisions you need to make.

The new school was my new home. This place, away from all my old friends into this sanctuary of all this knowledge. A school where if you slack off one day in could put you behind for months. This change came at me rather fast and I had to take in what was occurring and react to what I had to do. I am now in my senior year at my new school and it has not been a walk in the park. I have been thrown curveballs of challenges and been through hell trying to stay on track. My last year at this school and I just figured out how to handle all the work and stress that one takes upon them when they come to this school. Life is still tough here no matter what day it is. Weekends are not off and very minimal time with your old friends is apparent. Life as you know it is school for the long nine months you are here.

Some how, some way I survived this place. Don’t know how and I don’t know why, but I did. It must have been fate that led me to where I am now; a better person because of this experience and a way better student. It is not over yet the final year is upon me and I just have to bring it home. It will be hard; no one said it would be easy. As I go along this final path to lead to college. It will be the last of my high school days and life will go on….