Taylor - Kyle, Texas

This I believe

Music is the key to any problem that may occupy you. Music can solve anything, and everything. For so many reasons music has played a big role in my life, and I have loved it for as long as I can remember. It has helped me through so many situations, which is why, more than anything, I love music. God has shown me happiness through the wonderful art of music, which I know I will be involved with for the remainder of my existence.

I began elementary school at the age of four. Choir was introduced to me and I fell in love instantly. My whole family has participated in some sort of music in one point in their lives, and I was introduced to it early. I loved it with all my heart when I was younger and I feel proud to say that the feeling still remains. It became the only thing I ever wanted to do, and what I focused all my time and energy on.

I get upset sometimes being here in this small town where I live. I lived in the Dallas area of Texas before I moved, and music was the thing to do. I believe that is another reason I became so involved with it. I just wish I could say the same for where I am located now. Football is what this town thrives on, and although I love football, I don’t play it, and it’s not my passion. I just wish that they would also focus on a large amount on music; because that is the one thing I truly love.

The difficulty and struggles I have experienced have put me to the test. I know that music is the thing that got me through. I know it is hard to think that I have been through complicated times, considering that I am sixteen years old, but I have been through more than anyone I know. All throughout my fight I had music to turn to, and I am so thankful for that. Music is the one thing I know I will have forever, and I know will not judge me, discriminate against me, or ever stab me in the back. Music is beyond doubt a gift from God, and the one thing I believe in, and will for all eternity.