Alexandria - Buda, Texas
Themes: carpe diem

Life is a Highway

I believe life is like a highway, and it goes way too fast. I feel there is a time limit on life. If you do not live it to the fullest, it will be gone before you know it and you will find yourself on the “Exit” ramp. Instead of worrying about little details, you should spend the time and energy with your family and friends having fun and laughing, cruising at a comfortable speed.

I believe you can not get stressed over little things. By the time you get yourself through them you have wasted away your days. It is like two of your wheels are hanging off the road, dragging you down. Every time I get a project in school, I start getting stressed over what I have to do to complete it. I end up worrying about the project the whole time and then I procrastinate. Instead, I could just sit down a couple of hours each night and do the work.

I also believe there are speed bumps in life, that slow you down, which is a good thing. They add happiness and show you how good life can be at a more moderate pace. Take Friday night football games as an example. I love cheering at the games with my friends and listening to the band play while the crowd is cheering because we just scored! When the speed bumps are gone, you simply get back in the fast lane and resume speeding down the highway.

I believe everyone should slow down and try to live life to the fullest. I do not often say, “That was a great day!” Instead, I worry about how many potholes and traffic jams I may face in the days to follow. Being a sixteen-year-old, I should be out having fun with my friends and living life. I seem to find myself worried about work, or school, and I always feel like I never have enough time to just be a kid!

These are my beliefs and experiences that draw me to the conclusion that life is a highway. You should live life to the fullest no matter the circumstances because even though life does not slow down, you should try to keep it from speeding up. I always have to remind myself that little things do not matter in the long run, so I should not dwell on them.