Lindie - Kyle, Texas
Themes: carpe diem

This I believe

I believe that with every breath you take, you should consider it to be your last.

I have grown up with many blessings in my life. I take so many diminutive things for granted that really aren’t so little. The ability to walk, speak, hear, small – so important, yet so belittled.

My cousin, Dean, was diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy at age 12. I never once heard him complain or become angry over his disability. He taught me how to live and laugh, with his sweet love for life. Dean never sought for sympathy from me, but desired only to make every breath count.

We all have our passions and desires in life, mine is basketball. I am on the court 24/7. The summer before my freshman year I tore my ACL. I was crushed emotionally and physically. I learned through that experience how precious the ability to play basketball was. I recognized my blindness to how blessed I am with being able to do something some only get to dream about. Now when I play I have a greater passion for it by taking each shot and making each pass like it is my last.

Christ doesn’t guarantee us another day, another “I love you”, or another chance to show someone you care. Little things I used to take for granted I have learned to cherish and hold onto.

So laugh a little, dance a little, and enjoy life a little too much because each second you have is a blessing of another precious breathe.