Jackie - Buda, Texas

I Believe in Happiness

It is Christmas morning and you have unwrapped the gift you have waited all December for. If you only had one word to describe that little tickle of excitement in you, which word would you use? What about the first time you fell in love? The word I would use to describe the feeling of these events would be happiness, for happiness I believe in.

On July 16, 2005, I experience one of the most blissful days of my life. I had finally got the little puppy I have waited my whole life for. Just by holding her I felt exhilarated and on top of the world. Having a little helpless creature love and care about you that much can change a whole day from average to wonderful! My little Tiny brings so much happiness in to my life each and every day. It is this happiness that I believe in.

When I step on to that green spongy field, I become thrilled to be able to do what I love best. Nothing seems better than feeling the bright lights in my eyes, and the glowing faces eager to see my performance. When the music starts, excitement and joy fill my body all at once. Dancing gives me all the happiness in the world. Happiness is what I believe in.

Friendship contains the most valuable possessions a person can have. With friends, life seems to be a little easier. They know what to say when you need cheering up, they will always take your side on important issues, and most important, they are there for you in a time of need. My friends make my days a little brighter when the clouds seem to cover the sun. They bring so much happiness in to my life. This gracious gift of happiness is what I believe in.

To all those who need a little more enjoyment out of life, just take a moment to think about what brings happiness to you. For me, I find happiness in things like puppies and dancing. For you, it may be complete opposite. Look for the little things in life that give you the feeling of joy. Find in your life what makes you the happiest. You too may find that happiness is not only what I, but you as well believe in.