Christopher - Manchaca, Texas

Why is it so compelling to be politically correct? Does it make you sound smarter? Not really. Does it make other people listen to you? Nope. Does it make you more factually correct? Not a chance. So why do people insist on upholding an outdated tradition that just makes our heads bigger? Beats me.

For some reason, people don’t want to accept their own problems. Instead of calling someone short, we have to call the “vertically challenged”. Why is everyone offended by this? I hypothesize that people don’t want to be told their own limitations. This is a result of being insecure about one thing or another, but it doesn’t matter. Political correctness has pervaded the society at such a minute level, that you can look up almost any word in the dictionary that is a “sensitive topic” like fat, and it will recommend you to “overweight”. Stop dancing around the truth and just say it. You are FAT! You need to loose weight. Stop downing the cookies and brownies like they are pieces of popcorn and go out and run. Play sports, jog, do aerobics, just get out from in front of the computer and go and do something good for your life.

What irritates me most about fat people is when I go clothes shopping. Stores, afraid that they might offend some random fat person; they have stocked pants in every plus size you can think of. So when I’m looking for a size 29 waist, and all they have is 40, I get irritated to the point of ranting about fat people. All of this occurs because the store doesn’t want to come under fire from fat people complaining that they don’t have the kind of khakis in the +++ size that they need. If I were that store owner, I would tell the people complaining to go loose weight so they can fit into these nice size 30 pants. If people are so sensitive to people saying what they are, they should never become like that in the first place.

Another thing that irritates me about the college system is that they all say they MUST have a diverse student body. The simple answer to this is no. You might call me racist, you might call me bigot and toss this paper in the trash, but hear me out. If there are only 3 colored people in the top ten percent of a high school, they should be the ones to get admission in to a college like all the other 10%. The college should not turn away the other top ten percent who are white just because they are white and the college says they need a more diverse population. Don’t be such a hypocrite. You are discriminating against whites (as crazy as it sounds) and doing exactly what you say WE are doing. If a person is smart enough to be admitted into a prestigious school, let them. Don’t turn people away because of race.

I hope that this has opened your eyes and mind a little to the insanely incorrect political correctness that has pervaded our society. I personally cannot stand it, (if you didn’t get that from the rant, or to make it easier on you who are analyzing this paper).