Brianna - Buda, Texas
Themes: equality

In My Black Stilettos

I’m a woman, hear me roar. Men, fear for your job, because me and my black stilettos are quick, efficient, and ready to walk all over you. Though you may be distracted by my delicate, strappy, black stilettos as they stroll by you, never underestimate me. Remember, these shoes will be strolling past you and up the ladder to success.

I’m a woman, hear me roar. Men, fear for your pride, because once I slip into my Nikes they’re ready to school you on the basketball court. Go ahead and waste your time trying to boast to your friends that you can beat a girl. While that’s distracting you I’ll steal the ball, dribble it through my legs, and go for an easy lay-up; the sweet sound of the swish sending chills down your spine. I’ll leave it at that since you’ll probably need the rest of the time to redeem yourself with your friends.

I’m a woman, hear me roar. Men, fear for your pants because women can wear them too. Try to get it out of your head that you are ultimately in charge, because you will never make it in a relationship with that mentality. Every now and then you’re going to have to break away from your need to control and hand over the pants. Not only are we women able to make decisions on our own, we can also bring home the bacon and fry it too.

I’m a woman, hear me roar. Men, fear my feminism. I have strength, intuition, passion, and ambition. More importantly I am persistent. Part of my feminism is having the ability to deal with the kids crying, put on mascara, break my nail, and still make it to the meeting on time. Men would fall to pieces at the mere taste of the stress women eat for breakfast on a daily basis. At the end of the day, whether I’m taking off my stilettos or Nikes, or whether I’m choosing what to do on the date, I can rest assure that women can do anything men can do, if not better.