Whittany - Kyle, Texas
Themes: integrity

I believe that you should always be honest in all you do, even if it means telling on yourself. It is better if the truth comes from you rather then someone else.

I have been on this little place called earth for sixteen and a half years, and I have learned that there is nothing better than being honest. Honesty is the key to all good relationships in life. Whether it’s a friend, boyfriend, sibling, parent, or whatever the relationship might be.

I used to have this good friend, actually we were best friends for about four and a half years. My friend and I thought we were doing great, until I discovered that we didn’t have much honesty in our relationship. I found out that this friend of mine would go and talk about me behind my back, but when we got around each other it was like there was nothing wrong. So our whole relationship was a huge lie pretty much. Our differences forced us apart. She started hanging out with her athletic friends and I started hanging out with some band friends. I thought about what I could have done different, and the only thing that really sticks out to me is we should have been more honest with each other.

Honesty, that’s my policy. You should live everyday to its fullest, by always being honest. You should be honest with all your friends and family and most of all you should be honest with yourself. If you’re not honest with other people, someone rather it be you or them, its not going to be good. If you are not honest with yourself you will always end up hurt, or its going to come back and get you. You might think, “Oh that’s crazy! Being untruthful is going to catch up to me.” You are crazy if you believe that it wont. It will always catch up with you. That is why I live by my honesty policy. “Be honest to yourself and all the ones around you, rather they are friends or not. You will just about always come out better off in the end if you are always honest.

Not being honest is a thing of the past for me. I walk around with me head held high and always remind myself, honesty is the key to success.