Kamber - Buda, Texas

I believe that laughter is needed on a regular basis otherwise life would be extremely boring. I make it a goal to try and laugh every single day no matter what kind of mood I may be in. Laughter helps make boring times become more fun-filled.

There was a time when I wasn’t feeling good because I had strep throat, but I tried to laugh every chance I got. I was sitting at lunch moping around since I had a really sore throat to where I could barely swallow anything, a major headache, a slight fever, and my entire body just felt achy all over. Even though I was feeling that bad, I made sure my sense of humor was still intact. I was laughing as much as possible at everything that was the slightest bit funny. It turned out to help me stop thinking about how bad I was feeling and be happier that I could still laugh and have fun despite being sick.

When I’m around my mom I can’t help but laugh every time. Some of the stuff she says is so cheesy, and other stuff she says is so hilarious that I’ve laughed until I started crying. Sometimes the funniest things she says are when we’re sitting watching television. One time my younger sister and I were talking really loud and my mom was sitting right near us and we were watching some show and all of a sudden my mom said, “Shhh! I’m trying to watch this!” So, when my sister and I looked to see what was on the screen, it was some weird commercial for foot powder that we knew she had absolutely no interest in at all. What made us laugh so hard was that she made it sound like she was watching something really interesting, when she was really only trying to make us laugh. Maybe you had to be there for it to seem funnier, but we were all laughing so hard afterwards. Laughing with my family is always so much fun.

At band rehearsals sometimes when they start to get really boring, I’ll throw in a joke and try to make people laugh because I can tell that they’re not having a great time either. One Monday night rehearsal I was dancing around acting stupid just to make people laugh, and it worked. I felt weird, but it was fun since I had made all of the other people laugh and start having a good time.

Laughter is the cure for everything. There is no way I could live my life without laughing at least a little bit every single day. Can you imagine life with no laughter? I can, and it seems like it would no fun at all.