Dawn - Buda, Texas
Themes: tolerance

I believe in making the best with what you have.

If I had to describe the perfect day, I would start off by waking up around 12:00 pm, I would just hang out in lay low, maybe go to a movie or watch the baseball game, nothing special or complicated, just as relaxed and comfortable as possible.

I believe if everyone just relaxed a little many people would notice a dramatic change in there life. The happier you chose to be, the more fun you have and the more you learn about yourself. If you keep a positive look on life you will reap the benefits.

Last summer my family had to move to our ranch in Marble Falls for the summer while our new house was being built. Our ranch in is an hour away from anything and we had no internet or TV. The water was soft it took three showers to get conditioner out of my hair. I didn’t even see any of my friends between the last day of 9th grade and the first day of 10th grade. Worst of all I had to live with my grandpa. I love the man to death but I will never live with him again. He wanted my sister and me to wake up at 5:00 am and cook, clean, and act like maids. Of course we had other ideas and he wasn’t happy about it so if we were home we were in our rooms away from him.

The summer was tough but I kept my chin up and instead of getting depressed I made the best with what I had to work with. I got to know myself better; I realized that everything doesn’t rely on the computer and that spending a day just being plain lazy wasn’t so bad. Even though I had changed it took me a while to realize it. My awakening was our first night in the new house, I could actually wash my hair in less than two minutes, I could watch any of the million TV channels, and I could even get on the computer. I was in heaven.

For the past year I have really noticed the changes that summer had on me. I don’t get rattled when things don’t go my way. My appreciation for life and its little imperfections is greater. I believe that getting back to the basics that summer was one of the best things to ever happen to me. It mellowed me out and helped me realize that really you don’t need much to be happy, just a positive attitude and you are set.