Avery - Buda, Texas
Themes: gratitude

I believe people should be grateful for what they have. Too often people in this world take what they have been given for granted, and too often don’t ever realize it’s value. I like to be grateful for everything I have, and have several rules to help me remember to be grateful.

Be grateful, everyday is a gift. Everyday that I wake up is a gift. I’m alive and I am grateful to have the chance to live. I wake up every morning and thank God I’m alive, I could be dead, it sounds so morbid, but it’s true. I hear my alarm go off and my neck tightens at the shrewd sound. I am happy to hear my alarm go off, even though I’m painfully woken from a good dream. I am alive. Just being alive is something I am thankful for.

Be grateful, everything I own is a blessing. Even though I specifically asked for a hamburger without tomatoes and onions, and they were left on, and some how the pickles are missing, I’m glad I have this hamburger to eat. I have food in my stomach, money in my pocket, a place to call home, and a loving family waiting for me there. I have more than I could ever ask for. No matter how much or how little it seems I own, I have something, and that is worth some appreciation.

Be grateful, I live in the greatest country in the world. I can leave anytime I want. Even when I don’t agree with what people here think, I am thankful they are able to have their own opinions. I live in a country with a loving government, that gives me the chance to think whatever I want to, and so many freedoms that people all around the world are willing to die for. I won’t be mowed down for voicing my thoughts about the government. I live in America, and for that, I am truly pleased.

Be grateful, I am me. No one can tell me otherwise. No matter what I have or what I wish I could have, I am my own person. I have my own independent thoughts, and I make my own decisions. God created me as unique as the finger prints on my fingers. In the same way my finger prints can’t be changed, no single person on God’s green earth can change who I am. I am an individual and that’s something that I am grateful for.

It doesn’t matter what I want, what I have is what I’ve got. There will always be someone who is less fortunate than me, so I’m grateful for everything I have, I count my blessings, write my thank you notes, and smile, because life’s good.