Dana - Manchaca, Texas

“This I Believe”

I believe that you cannot judge a book by its cover. Something can’t be looked at and judged at a first glance. Sometimes you have to dig into the story and see what the book is really about.

Let’s take a dictionary for example. This book is without a doubt, the most boring thing to look at. The cover is very dull and has no way of inviting anyone to read it. Plus it isn’t the smallest book you’ve ever seen. Once you decide to open it and read its content, you find that it helps you with not only expanding your vocabulary, but you soon unexpectedly make many of your papers sound much more interesting as well as receiving higher grades.

In our world today, the variety of people has increased at a rate that can’t be stopped. All around you are the so called “cliques” that go on enjoying what they pleasure, leaving any new individual to fend for them self. Each of these groups has their own way of dressing and acting towards other people.

Like a dictionary, there are many other books with the same problem, just different titles, authors, and readers. Each book has its own way of expressing itself and reaching out to its readers. Though all these different attributes have their own way of glorifying the world, it all becomes blinding in the end when the right message hasn’t been sent.

Each story is a book. Every book deserves a chance. Life involves a lot of learning, so give a book a chance.