Wil - Buda, Texas

“This I Believe”

I guess I consider myself an artsy kind of guy. Maybe that’s just the optimist speaking. People probably just say, “Bahahahaha no. you’re just weird. Go home.” And yet, my views remain totally unaltered by that stuff. Why? I don’t know. Maybe I’m just so opinionated I’ve become immune to the stuff. I’m so deep in the hole I can’t see the light of day. Oh well. It sure is a lot of fun down here.

I don’t want to sound like some high school, teenage activist reciting some sappy, preachy rhetoric like “just be yourself”. But being Mr. Critic himself, I guess I’m just tired of seeing people fritter away time, money, and personality on stuff that would (they hope) make them appealing too other people.

What’s so bad about being different? The fear has made people renounce and abandon thoughts, ideals, even religion, all for the sake of popularity and money. What’s to blame? People always end up pointing the finger at society. I blame the rich and famous. But that’s just me…

Being the youngest of three guys in my family, I definitely grew up with a heavy influence from my two older brothers’ tastes in good ol’ 80s music and morals, back before so many things became illegal, like Trash Can Night (don’t ask). Maybe it was their guidance that led me where I am today: in my little hole. Nothing gets in, but everything gets out.

Maybe that’s also where my outlooks spawn from: my brothers. With a little moral nudge from the direction of the Good Ol’ Days, I’ve created some interesting points of view, if I do say so myself. While I’m critical of a lot of things, I don’t expect people to be swayed by them. It’s all a matter of a little self-confidence.

Don’t get me wrong – if you’d like to sellyour immortal soul for the sake of temporary pleasures, well go right on ahead. Look, my point is, do whatever is most comfortable in as many aspects of your life as you can (you know, when it’s not illegal or anything). Otherwise, we lose the individuality in life, and that’s what makes it interesting.