Kelley - Buda, Texas

There is only one type of medication available to every single person in the world. No matter how much money you have, where you live, or how old you are, you always have access to laughter. Laughter is by far one of the most powerful medicines known to man.

Earlier this year I was introduced to the wonderful world of improv comedy. Every time I come out of a show, my energy level is up to an amazing level, and nothing can pull me down. The grin on my face is basically tattooed on, and I am full of enthusiasm. At the end of each show, I’m almost positive I could get up on that stage and improv myself, although deep down, I know I’d make a complete fool out of myself.

More than once, improv has pulled me out of times when I’m down in the dumps. I can stay happy for weeks, not only because I’ve been laughing hard, but I’ve also helped someone. This is another reason I love improv. In a way, you are also amusing the improvisers with your uncanny suggestions.

Sometimes I wonder how often politicians get out and have a good laugh. They always seem to be stressed and honestly, over-analyze things to the point where they don’t even matter anymore. I want to see George W. Bush smile, not because he pronounced a word right, but because he is happy. Now, I don’t want a country run by men running around with funny shoes and seltzer bottles, but I want some happy people in office.

My life is affected by laughter almost constantly, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Laughter is the way to true happiness.