Nicole - Buda, Texas

“This I Believe”

All Things Considered August 26, 2006-I think about the words I say to people “Always think before you say or act” the saying goes. There is at thinking method that goes with the saying.

Trust in yourself and then you can truly trust others. My middle school years were my toughest years by far. I always thought myself an outcast because my classmates and my friends didn’t know what was going on with me at the time. I felt that no one could understand or would get what was going through my head at the time. After going to a counselor I gained the courage to trust in myself enabling me to trust my friends with the truth of my major issue. I felt like a chip had been lifted off my shoulders after I told my trusted friends. So whenever I look in the mirror today, I can see in my eyes the trust that feels the depth of my heart to know I can trust myself and my friends with issues I need help conquering.

Caring for someone close to me built character. My friends had my and their best interest in me when they responded to my major dilemma. If they did not care I would have gone deeper into my thinking of taking my own life. I did not care about my life until I started thinking of how my friends would deal without me. Just by my friends comments and showering encouragement to not kill myself helped me relentlessly with the decision to stick it out for my peers. My friends cared and encouraged me not to do a stunt like killing myself.

Honor your friendship. My friends never doubted my judgments just like I never judged them. I have trusted and honored my friend’s secrets just as they kept mine. When my friends tell me their inner most secret I honor their secret by a promise.

From now on I will think of these words before I say or act upon my thought. It should never end up in cases of political people as it got out of hand and proportion at the White House during the second term a president in the late 90’s. Don’t act on impulse think things through before acting a pond them.