Amanda - kyle, Texas

I believe that if you see something that needs doing, then do it.

If everyone thought this way, I truly believe the world would be a much safer place. Think about how much more productive businesses and schools would be. Think of all the diseases we would have cured by now.

Example: do an assignment when it is assigned, and leave time to fix it. Now, this may not apply to all assignments, but for the most part, a sense of relief is felt after work is done. It leaves more time to be honest, thoughtful, through, and seem less rushed. Many times in high school, if you have a paper to turn in, and you do it right away, you have the rest of the time to correct it. Usually, teachers will read a paper and tell you what they would like you to correct so you can get a better grade. Even better, most teachers offer a point reward system for early work. Both ways end up in a better grade.

Example: one word, HIRRICANE! That’s right people. Everyone knew for 40 years that the levees in Louisiana remained broken. No one wanted to do it. Everyone saw the problem and no one, not a one person, wanted to fix them. Think about how much money would have been saved if someone had fixed those levees. Think about how much time would have been saved if someone had fixed those levees. Think about how many LIVES and loves would have been saved if someone would have gotten off their but and fixed those darn levees! Now if you’re thinking that you had no say in the decision of when to fix them, that’s just a state of mind. They were broken for 40 years. Over a time of 40 years, every individual of this earth, young or old, smart or uneducated, rich or poor, could have figured out a way to keep Louisiana safe.

So next time you see that the garbage needs taking out or the toilet needs flushing, remember these faithful words, world. Hopefully what I’ve said to you today will change your minds about some things. For our mommies will not be around forever to whip us into shape.