Emily - Buda, Texas
Themes: sports, work

Nothing Comes Easy

Nothing comes easy. I don’t think there is anything in the world that comes easy and still worth achieving. It takes hard work and dedication to truly be good at something. Hard work goes into everything I do that is worth it to me, whether it is schoolwork or sports related. No pain, no gain.

Every day I wake up at 5:15 in the morning. I get up, get dressed, grab a bite to eat, get all of my stuff together, and head off to school to go run cross country. When I get there, I run my warm-up mile. The mile is just the warm up. Then I run the actual workout. They can be anything from two miles at race pace to a fifty minute run. It’s hard to wake myself up for something like that, but I still do, every morning.

Every afternoon I head out to the track for 8th period. I get ready and stretch for the workout Coach Riley gave me, and then I start running. Even if its 100 degrees, you will still find me out there on the track. Pushing myself through a workout of six 400’s or eight 200’s in a row is hard, especially after having ran in the morning, but I still make myself get it done.

Every day I have two workouts, one in the morning, and one in the afternoon. I run both. Why because if I don’t work out and practice, I don’t get better. It takes a lot of practice and hard work and pain and sweat to be good at running. I may not be the best, but being able to improve on my times makes me very happy. It’s all the practice I put in that helps me get that much closer to beating the girl in front of me, and it’s all the practice that helps me help my relay team make it to regionals. Being a part of the first girls 4X4 mile relay team from Hays to go to regionals is a great accomplishment, and it would never have come without the pain and time put into the workouts.