Chris - Carrollton, Texas

Nothing Happens by Chance

I believe that there is a God. How could someone say that the world and all its greatness happened by chance? I have been going to church since before I can remember but it was not until the past few years that I truly began to see that he created this place we live in. My family and I have gone to Colorado every summer for the past few years and as we drive down the winding mountain roads and I look in awe at the marvelous mountains. My mom says. “When you look at these beautiful mountains, how could you not believe in God?” I then think of how impossible it is that any of this could have happened by chance. I think of how complex things are in the world and how we have not even scratched the surface of the scientific world. With the uniqueness of every human being, how could God not exist? He has inspired faith in so many people and yet some still doubt his existence. I believe that nothing in the world happens by chance.

As numerous as the scientific discoveries have been, there are still an infinite number of possibilities that we can’t even begin to comprehend about the world. I have a brother in college who discusses the new discoveries he hears about and how we are so far away from even getting close to understanding the complexity of the universe. I believe that, perhaps, someday science will prove the existence of a higher being.