Andrew - Charlotte, North Carolina
Themes: community

What do I believe? I believe in things, like honesty, and being true to yourself, and friendship, and loyalty, these are all traits of one thing I believe in the most, teamwork. “Teamwork is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” This I believe, from personal experiences, and from seeing it happen to others, when people work together that is when the job gets done.

I play sports, and there cant be anything more important when playing team sports than the way you play together with your teammates. I play baseball and if each player does not show up ready to play, along with if you don’t believe in your teammates, then you might as well walk away right then and there because you will not be able to come together to win the game. On the other hand when you are all pumped up and ready to play, as well as you trust your teammates to do their best and make the play when they are called upon then you become invincible, then no team can overpower you for that victory. This same theory also goes with my other great love in life, which is playing music in both band at my school, and just playing along with my friends. If the whole band cannot play together as one whole sound then it is like trying to finish a puzzle when you don’t have all the pieces.

My entire life revolves around the idea of teamwork, mostly because I have some of the greatest friends and when we get together we can pull off things that alone I could never dream of doing. We can do this because of the great bond of trust that we share, always knowing that if I was in any kind of trouble that I could rely on then to be their with me and we would come out alright.

Teamwork has this incredible power because of the idea of “Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly, and they will show themselves great.”