Paulina - Charlotte, North Carolina

“This I Believe Essay”

“When I look back, what I am going through now is what my parents and grandparents have preached to me.” Growing up from an infant to a teenager what they were telling me was like loose pieces in a puzzle but now reaching adult-hood, the pieces have become completed and I can see the overall picture. I’ve became well rounded in knowing who I am in life and what my moral are now.

My roots and heritage is my pride in life. My number one moral is being Greek Orthodox and following my faith. Holding a strong background in your ethics, going to Greek school and learning how to read, write and speak it is wonderful because you learn so much and you keep the heritage passed down from generation to generation.

There are so many things that mean the most to you and that is my second moral that I was taught which is your values in life and the ethics that come with them. Family is a big value and part in my life because if I didn’t have them who would I have to count on. Honesty also plays a big role in my life because it puts trust in you and your values and you can teach it to other’s and they can follow your path in being a role model and succeeding in life. Being somebody’s role model always evaluates you as a good human-being in society and it helps others in need.

If more of the society had morals and beliefs we would not be in the crisis we are in as of today. I will keep my standards high and I will be preaching this to my children just as my parents do to me now so they can become good believing leaders in life and not lost followers. Everyone should sit back look at wide picture of themselves and decide their morals in life and follow through with them. It would not only make them a good person but a hero for someone .