Sarah - Charlotte, North Carolina

“Don’t be afraid of death, be afraid of unlived life. –Tuck Everlasting. When I first read this quote from this movie, I thought wow, death really isn’t very scary.

If you live life without regret you have finished your life in some sense. So why be afraid of the end when you’ve lived it?

I believe you should live life without regret and live life to the fullest. If you do, you won’t be afraid to die. You would die felling complete. In fact I have made a goal to live without any regret, and making a difference in other people’s lives and my own. My religion believes in life after death. Now I know not to be afraid of death. Well except if I haven’t lived life without regret or lived life the way I think I should.

Stepping out of my comfort zone helps me live life without regret. Since life, and the circumstances around you change and you won’t have it the way you want it. So why not help make the change easier, and do something you wouldn’t normally do. A few years ago I believed that if I waited long enough people would come to me and be my friend. I found out that people just thought I came off as shy and dull. So I changed. Now when I see someone sitting alone at lunch I go up to them and try to be their friend. I have gained a lot of friendships with people who I would have never met because neither of us would go up to the other person. This change has made my life much happier.

This made friendship very important to me. Who would want to die without any friends? Everyone wants to have a friend who they can trust. Trust and honesty must be found in a friendship, because you want to confide in this person and be able to trust what they say. I try to treat everyone as a friend; I try to be honest and to trust everyone I met instead of basing a person on a first impression.

Family will always be most important to me. Family will always be there for you no matter what you do or say. They don’t care about what you look like or even what size pants you wear. All they care about is your happiness and you. They want you to be there for them when they need you. My family is just like this. We care for one another and help each other with smiles on our faces. Even when things change and our family grows, we give even more of our love away selflessly.

That portrays what I believe in. I believe in living without regret. This includes stepping out of your comfort zone with the help of your friends and families. So when you wake up each morning think could this be my end? You just never know when it’s your time so always live life with no regrets.