Katia - Minnetonka, Minnesota
Themes: love

“Loving Love”

The one thing I believe in most is probably the simplest thing around but also at times the hardest to achieve. I simply believe in love. At times love is the hardest thing to achieve but when it is found it is so powerful that it affects one’s entire life. I know one thing is for sure and that is that love for someone brought my family together and is still the glue that keeps us connected. It all happened four years ago when my sister Daphne unexpectedly got pregnant. I would have never have dreamed that this little mistake would be a miracle and change my life with his little life forever. As I witnessed Scout’s first breath into everyone’s world I knew that my life was changed but I never knew the extreme effect he would have. Prior to Scout’s birth my family was so separate and nothing could connect us. Every waking second of Scout’s life I was there and I genually wanted to be there and so did my parents and my sister. We had such love for this little child that we had to be brought all together to share the love for the little baby. I lived with Scout for the first year and a half of his life and I would never change that time for anything. My sister and I had so many adventures with him and I learned so many life lessons all from loving one person. I just love to hear him scream his nickname for me “Kiki” at the top of his little lungs even though most of the time he wants me to do something for him I have learned that when you love someone you make sacrifices for them and as much as he annoys me at times we have such a connection that I will always do what he asks. Even though I no longer live with Scout we still have dinner at least once a week at one of our homes. The love for Scout brings me, my sister, her husband, my dad and mom together on those Sunday meals to most likely eat crazy amounts of food because that’s what we do, we are Greeks, but most importantly to show that we have love for one another. After all the constant fights and disagreements in our lives the love for Scout always brings us back to the dinner table together and ready to try to love each other. That is why I believe in love and it’s hidden ways in bringing people to where they are supposed to be.