TERESA - ST. JOSEPH,, Missouri
Themes: setbacks

IT ALL BEGAN IN THE YEAR 2000. I WAS IN NURSING SCHOOL, SOMETHING THAT I ENJOYED AND BOTH MY SONS AND MY PARENTS WERE ALSO PROUD OF ME. BEFORE I GRADUATED, MY MOTHER GAVE MY PRESENT TO ME MONTHS EARLIER. I NEVER GAVE IT ONE THOUGHT. NOT UNTIL THE DAY MY DAD CALLED ME. MY MOM DIED IN MARCH OF 2000. I CONTINUED WITH MY NURSING EDUCATION AND EVEN BRIDGED TO BECOME AN RN. TRYING TO MAKE MY LIFE BETTER FOR MY SMALL SON AT HOME. MY YOUNGEST SON HAD THE LEAST TIME WITH ME. I STUDIED WHEN I GOT HOME, TOOK HIM TO SCHOOL IN THE MORNINGS, AND THEN DROVE AN HOUR TO MY SCHOOL. I GRADUATED IN 2001 AS A RN. IN OCTOBER 13, 2005, A DRUNK DRIVER RAN OVER MY SON, LEAVING HIM THERE, WHILE HE RAN HOME. MY SON DIED TWO HOURS LATER. ITS HAS BEEN ALMOST 11 MONTHS NOW, AND THE PAIN HAS NOT LESSENED. I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO DO SOMETHING MORE NOW, AND I REALLY DON’T KNOW WHAT IT IS YET. AS I WAS TRYING TO MAKE A BETTER LIFE FOR MY SON AND I, I LOST MY SON. I AM STILL A NURSE. SOME PATIENTS REMIND ME OF MY GRANDPARENTS AND/OR MY MOM. I MISS MY SON DEEPLY. I ENJOY BEING A NURSE AND WANT TO CONTINUE INTO SOMETHING DEEPER, BUT I HAVE YET TO FIND WHAT THAT “DEEPER” IS. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS.