Will - Charlotte, North Carolina

7 September 2006

I Believe Essay

This I believe….

“You can do anything if you have an education” my grandfather told my mom. She obviously passed the quote down to me because I hear those words almost everyday. Others are treating others as you would like to be treated and respect your elders. All three of these morals help me be a triumphant person each and everyday. Not to mention that people liked to be treated well and they will treat you with the same kindness you show them. Your elders will also pass down wisdom if you respect them as wiser people.

My mother always did say that her dad use to tell him the same thing when she said “You can do anything if you have an education”. In my elementary years I did not want to believe her because school seemed a bit boring. As I become more mature and older I realize how right she was. If I do not work hard in school to get good grades and get into a good college who knows what will happen to me in the future. However if I do succeed in doing these things I can become almost anything I want instead of the person who says, “My I take your order?” over the intercom at Burger King.

Respecting my elders could be the biggest moral that I like to try and use as much as I can. I believe that many of your elders have gone through almost everything you have and through this become wiser than teenagers. So if you do not respect elders how are they going to pass down their wisdom to you or someone else who is not respecting them?

Last but not least, treating others as I would like to be treated is a very important guideline that I like to live by. I feel that if you make others feel bad about him/herself it does absolutely no good to anyone but make you feel better about yourself. This leads me to another quotation, “What comes around goes around”. So if you are making a certain person feel bad about her/himself than karma will get you in the end and something or someone will do it right back to you. Nobody likes getting picked on so if you don’t want karma to get you then don’t make fun of any one else.

These three quotations are the recipe that made me the person I have turned out to be today, and I think they have done a pretty decent job.. It helps me stay in school to become successful, makes me not pick on others just to make myself feel better, and respect my elders because they are more wiser and experienced people who could pass down some very helpful information. All of this I believe.