Posey - Charlotte, North Carolina

what[ I ]believe

” Man is what He believes ”

– Anton Chekhov –

I believe in choice. The choice to be whomever who choose to be. The choice to choose your religion. The choice of what clothes you wear. There can be many choices in your life that you can decide from. I believe that being yourself and having a positive attitude on the “outlook of things” resolves many issues that teenagers, sadly have to face today. ” There is one advantage to being 102. There is no peer pressure ”

– Dennis Wolfburg

Okay, so we all know about “peer pressure”, but when we discuss the matter, we talk about the situation as if the pressure to worry about our looks and such just does not exist. We’ll deny we follow the crowds or do drugs to look cool and impress others. Why are we not afraid to be ourselves at home, but when we go out into public we tend to over worry about who we are? Why do we let others talk about certain situations, while we sit and agree when we know that deep down, we feel completely opposite? These situations come from peer pressure. I try not to get myself caught up in the mess of pressure from others. I believe that if we feel free to be who we choose to be inside and out, then we can live our lives more satisfied, and to the fullest. Knowing that we do not worry about what others might think. Only you can really choose who you want to be for right now, for the future. Do not let anyone try to change you. Unless the situation has the best for you . Everyone has their little “room for improvements” but, I think those are what makes the world beautiful, unique.

” A person has no religion who has not slowly and painfully

gathered one together, adding to it, shaping it, and one’s religion

is never complete and final, it seems, but must be undergoing modification”

– D. H. Lawrence –

Religion. Some people choose to have one, some people do not. I chose to be a Christian . In the United States, we really do have elaborate freedoms. We have the choice to choose between religions. Where as in most middle eastern as well as other countries, they do not have as big of a choice, if one at all. But for me, I like having the feeling of something to believe in. I believe that Jesus is the son of God. I believe that Jesus died on the cross, to forgive me for my sins. I believe in a heaven and a hell, but that it cannot really be proven in till you actually die. Then a lot will be answered. In till then, I think a lot stands unknown. I think that is why people chose to turn away from Christianity or religion period. Not just because they might be afraid of the unknown, but more of knowing that an unknown exists.

Only you can choose who you want to be in life. Where you want to go. What type of person you want to be. What morals and beliefs you want to follow.

But choose wisely.

” I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in

and going after your dreams ”

-Madonna-