Samantha - Charlotte, North Carolina
Themes: question

Will I ever learn about this person that I stare at in the mirror everyday? Why do I still stand here today? We, life forms called human beings; can we just be particles in space? How can one describe the driving force of our purpose? I question things because when I question I attain knowledge. I truly believe in the power of questions.

At first we start off with simple questions like: “Where do babies come from?” or “Why do boys have the cooties?” But as we grow older our questions mature they grow wiser and I found that I myself ask more intricate questions as, how do I become a good mother? How do I become a decent wife? I don’t know why the answers are not as important as the questions but to me the truth in the answer always resides in our heart. I believe glory cannot be extracted from absolute simply because doubt is what makes up the human race. Homo Sapiens’s nature of imagination wants to conjure a sense of one hundred percent but it doesn’t exist. Absolute makes us inhumanly perfect One could ask then, why are things in life not foolproof? And the beauty of this statement relies on whether or not you believe in the logic of chance. Everyone has the right to be wrong, self-inflicted ignorance will not surpass the natural want of knowing.

I remember asking myself as a young child, will I die forever? Then I recall my first experience in church and I learned we don’t have to die forever I can choose God and live on. So I’m glad when people ask me why do I believe in God in order for me to reply: “I believe in God because God is the answer to the question in my life that ever really mattered to me. I can always believe in questions, answers can vary. Despite everything every answer ever given comes back to one question. Isn’t that what the human race consists of? Different answers to the question of why do we have the privilege to live and breathe and to walk this very earth.

My only hope rests on the thought that one day I can know as many answers to the questions I ask. Those similar to, how can you identify true love? Why does the heart break but keeps on beating? Can we forget the past? Does anyone live without regret? The only way I’ll find those answers will come through life experiences. I believe time doesn’t allow us to be wise but the questions we answer in our lifetime that empowers us.