Zachary - charlotte, North Carolina

Respecting Others

“Sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” Lewis Carroll, the author of Alice in Wonderland, said this quote. All this quote states is that is acceptable to believe in many different things at once. I believe in this quote strongly because even I, myself, believe in many different things such as, the golden rule, do not disrespect other peoples beliefs, and family is the most important in anybody’s life.

The golden rule states: Treat others as you would have them treat you. This is a rule that everyone should live by. I mean seriously people, why would you hit someone or put someone else down unless you wanted the same punishment back? This rule applies even when you lie to someone, if you lie to someone then that must mean you do not care if they were to lie to you.

People should never disrespect another person’s personal belief. Even though I have beliefs of my own, I still cannot fully, without doubt, that they are true. So if unless you can prove that your beliefs are one hundred percent correct then no one has the right to put down someone or their beliefs just because they might differ from yours.

Finally, family should be the most important thing in anybodies life. I believe very strongly in this belief because everyone only gets one family, so I do not get how anyone could ever not care for them. Yes friends are important also, but I guarantee everyone will lose and gain friends throughout their life, but no one can ever gain another family if they lose their first one.

All of these beliefs come down to just respect people in general, which is something we should all practice. If we, as a people, could have enough courage to respect each other, then I believe there would be less violence in the world, and there would be just a better overall world. One could show respect to someone by doing very simplistic tasks. Tasks such as saying thank you, greeting them properly and asking them how their day was, and just be nice to them.

The golden rule, respecting others belief systems, and family importance all boils down to just respecting people overall. I do not know why people disrespect each other all the time but in the end, I guess that is just the belief system they choose to follow.