Brandon - Charlotte, North Carolina
Themes: morality

‘This I Believe’

My beliefs and morals are pretty straightforward. I believe I should treat others the way they ought to be treated. Why on earth would I treat someone badly, and I know that I would not want them to treat me that way either. I believe its like the saying, “What goes around, comes around.” If I decided to treat someone wrong, chances are someone will probably treat me wrong down the line.

I also believe that I should not criticize others. I feel I should accept a person for who they may be, I should not reject that person based upon what they believe in or how they may live their life. It ties in again with, “Treat others the way you want to be treated.” I don’t want someone to criticize me because of what I believe in or how I may live my life, therefore I would not do that to anyone else.

I believe that children are the future and that if I could pass one thing down to them, it would be, “Follow your heart, no matter what anyone thinks.” I feel that if I really want to do something, then I’m not going to pay attention to what other people think.

I feel that you should always just be yourself. Who cares what people think of you. People will like me because of who I am, not because of who I may be like. If I act myself and people don’t like me, its ok because not everyone will like me.

Like you have probably heard, if I could be one person in history, it would be Martin Luther King Jr. I say this because he was a bold and righteous man and fought for what he believed in no matter what the criticism, which I respect because I can relate to that. If I believe in something and no one else agrees with it, I’m still going to voice my opinion no matter what.

I end with saying, believe in yourself. Don’t let others influence your decisions negatively. Accept advice, not criticism. Also, follow your heart and you should be fine.