Cassie - Acworth, Georgia

A Best Friend is Hard to Find

I believe that a best friend is hard to find, and sometimes you have to be patient to find the right one or the right ones. If you have a little hope in someone and trust them, they might turn out to be your best friend. My definition of a best friend is someone that you can trust, someone that is loyal, someone you can be your complete self around, someone that will not judge you, someone that will be there with you through thick and thin. If someone possesses those qualities, then they could probably be your best friend.

In middle school, I had a friend that I had many problems with. She was sometimes mean to me for no reason, she would ditch me to hang out with other girls, and she would make fun of me, but for some reason, I wanted her to be my friend. Some nights, I would cry because she was mad at me, or said something mean to me. One would not consider her a good candidate as a best friend. Regardless of how she acted towards me, I liked her anyways, and the times that she was not hurting my feelings we had a lot of fun together.

As we got older, we became closer. She stopped being so mean and began to confide in me and I would do the same. We became best friends. I think that middle school was hard for the both of us to be best friends, because we were still trying to find out what type of people we were ourselves and trying to figure out what type of people we liked and enjoyed associating with.

When high school started, I went to one school and my best friend went to another. We still remained the best of friends. We have been inseparable all throughout high school. Every trip I go on, she comes with me. We hang out every weekend and almost everyday during the summers. We do not seem to get on each other’s nerves. Our friendship is very strong. We know when one another is not feeling well or when something is upsetting us. We can glance at each other and know exactly what the other is thinking.

I believe that I have the best friend I could ask for. I can trust her. She is a loyal to me. I can be myself around her and not worry about her judging me. She has been by my side through thick and thin. It took a long time to build our friendship up this way, but the ending result is worth it. She is someone that I know I will be friends with forever. I do not think that we would have any other way. That’s what makes us best friends.