kathleen - brewster, Massachusetts

Faith is an evolving path, where the road rises up to meet as often and you choose

the path. My husband was a professional football coach, whose path was a constant

itinerant journey. In the thirty years of following him from great sucess to abject

failure I learned to find peace and security in sufing the daily challenges of raising

a family and becoming a contemporary artist. Everytime my career would seem

to open up the team would lose, or even yet he would recieve a better offer, I seemed to

be starting over every few years. New friends new communities,new schools,loss and

giving way to a new chapter, not of my own choosing. Now I am sixty years old and

living in the Beautiful woods of Brewster Massachusetts,opening my own studio and

working with a remarkable woman Laurel Labdon, She is paralyzed and living

a remarkable life. In her early twenties, she was injured in a horrible accident. I had known her for tweny years, and never imagined living a mile away and opening a beautiful

gardened art gallery by the sea. As we sat yesterday talking with people from Cape

Cod Life magazine, I realized that some force had brought us both to this beautiful moment that neither of us would have chosen could we go back. We have been through several years of terrible health and natural disaster with Hurricane Katrina, Yet here we were a beautiful fall day, building a beautiful small gallery together. It gives me great

understanding of what Hope, Courage and Faith really mean. Just let your path show

you, and you will see the path behind the path.