LaRanda - Seminole, Oklahoma
Themes: setbacks

I believe in resurrection. Crucifying the old, unclean life and raising a new and better life.

I was always a pretty good kid, keeping to myself and going to church. It was not until my sixth grade year that my life changed for the worse. I started hanging with the wrong crowd. High School did not make it any better; I fell into a hole when I found out that I was pregnant. Argument after argument ensued between my mother and me. I needed to get away. So I moved out and started living with one of my friends. Life was difficult without a parent there to help. My life was going down hill; I missed my old life.

I needed to get back in the Gospel, and in my mother’s life. I just knew that I needed her motherly love, comfort, and guidance. Starting my life over was just what I needed. To be born again was just what my soul was seeking. Life can always be repaired. Just like being in financial problems or in a rut you can always bounce back. God always forgives those who ask for forgiveness. A mother will always have unconditional love for her young. Remaking my life is the process I am going through now. Life is looking brighter now that I am back right with God and in my mother’s life. A new life can be born again or recreated at any time. I am going to have my baby and my dreams as well. There is no man that can not determine his own life. When you fall down, you can always get right back up and renew your mind, body, and soul. People in prison find that out the hard way; they choose to change because of their environment. Their consequences lead them back into the right direction, and they learn from their mistakes. Even they can change