Heather - Seminole, Oklahoma

“I Believe”

I believe that true friendship is a factor in living a fulfilled life. The comfort of a friend’s compassion, the joy of shared successes and blessing, and the fun, exhilarating experiences of true friendship cultivate a blissful life. Navigating through life, we encounter difficulties, smooth peaceful times and fun exciting times. All occasions need the involvement of at least one true friend.

True friendship gives a stabilizing factor and helps to make it through difficult times. Whenever I am experiencing a stressful or an undesirable situation it gives me comfort to talk it over with a loyal friend or just hang out with him or her to get my mind off the situation. For instance, I lost three grandparents in three months making a very hard time for me, but it was much easier to go through this with friends’ compassion and sympathetic words. My friends called me, sent me text messages or would just come and find me so that they could check on me. Some of my friends even attended the funerals just so they could be there for me. I believe true friends are there when they are needed. A true friend cares enough to listen with a concerned ear and adds solace by speaking sympathetic words or just giving moral support. Somehow it just makes everything seem better to know I have true friends who care and understand my situation. Without these people in my life, my life would be less fulfilling, and void of what I believe is a basic human need to be loved understood and accepted.

Every individual also needs a “true” friend to share his successes or excitements that occur throughout life; someone who will not be jealous or envious of our good fortune but truly joyful with me. We all need someone to celebrate the good times with, to help us live a balanced life. It increases my joy to have a friend to express my pleasure and become excited, too, whenever I get a new outfit, new jewelry, a better car or just a good grade at school. Hearing a friend say “good job Heather”, “that is simply amazing”, or “awesome” always puts me in an even better mood. Knowing my friend shares in my delights assist me in living my life its fullest potential. I believe that without a friend to celebrate my victories life would be lacking an element of camaraderie needed in life.

True friendship is an asset to life. A full satisfying life for any individual will include the involvement of at least one true friend in which can be trusted with anything, for this I believe.