Grosu - Romania

I believe I am important because I am part of humanity. My life has a meaning because I can contribute to our world’s evolution. I can use my ideas and talents in order to change something for good. My life is therefore a chance to achieve important things for the people around me and eventually for the next generations. Although I am still a student I want to get involved in solving our world’s problems (like poverty and war) and try to help people as much as I can. I discovered that no one can live alone and that our life becomes useless when we don’t share it. I believe humanity is actually a whole, but separated into millions beings just to make sure that everyone has a chance to bring something new to the general progress. So as long as I do something useful for the others, my personal misfortunes and problems can’t put me down. I neither fear death or failure, as long as I participate, I leave something behind: my work and my ideals.

I am therefore convinced that there should be no barriers between people. We all have the right to live on this planet and there should be no conflicts between nations, races, religions, etc. I realized that dialogue can open many doors while hate, anger or fears never solve problems. I felt alone many times in my life, but I’ve always kept my faith in true friendship and love. I know that most of the times we don’t accept the ones who are different, and this has to change. We are meant to live together and we need each other. So I think our diversity is a gift: our life would be very boring if we were all the same. Furthermore, there is no evolution in uniformity, so I think we should encourage new ideas, new talents, new people. We have a lot to learn from each other!

I was many times surprised by the meanness or indifference of some people I had met. However, whenever I look into children ‘ eyes, I realize that at the beginning we were all capable to feel and care. So I don’t think we should change, even if we are hurt and betrayed. We can’t be really happy when we make others suffer. I believe we should give love to those who need it, who are there for us. We have nothing to lose being kind and smiling to those who smile to us. If we don’t care about anyone, no one will care about us. There are moments in life when we need to know that we are special to someone for what we are, not for our money or social position. Therefore we have nothing, if nobody really cares about us. So I decided not to let myself dominated by hate or anger, to keep searching people I can share my love with. I believe I have a place on earth.