Jessica - Piney Flats, Tennessee

I Believe in Music

I believe in music. It makes me feel sensational when a song is playing. It lets out so many emotions all at the same time. Music makes many difficult situations easier to deal with, it’s very expressive, and quite artistic. Music is a big influence on my life.

I believe that music helps in just about any situation. Whether good or bad, the sense of pride and trust are always there. There are that seem so unrealistic and so unfair. Music is a good stress reliever and makes the atmosphere of the world feel equal. Songs are for everyone, no matter the sense of broken-heartedness, happy-heartedness, or just plain stumped.

Any song can express emotion. Happiness usually includes an upbeat, flashy song. Sadness tends to make a person play slow, down and out songs. The heart is very delicate. Therefore, no one can be “Macho” all of the time. As put in the words of country music superstar, Gary Allen, “Life Isn’t Always Beautiful;” how very true. Music makes me feel so much better about myself and it makes me feel that no one can bring me down and that I’m free. It teaches me that if being myself makes me happy, then that’s all that matters in the first place an I should not have to please anyone myself.

There have been so many times I’ve felt like just lying down and dying. Depression seems to creep up on me so often. Music comes into play and everything changes. Life is different and the bad times aren’t so awful after all. There will always be storms but afterwards, the sun will shine again. Things will get better. Music takes me into almost a fairytale and it feels great. Relief sets in and I’m on my way to recovery. If it weren’t for music, lord knows where I’d wind up.

Music is always an artistic way of letting go. That’s my kind of art because I can let go of troubles and worries. Music is so dependable and is always there at any moment. It almost feels like a human life form. I love to sing. It’s a favorite of mine to do. Friends call me “Jukebox” because I’ve always got a tune ready and waiting. Music also makes the “good times” last. A song may come on during your first kiss and you will remember that tune for years to come.

Music is a wonderful influence on emotion and it’s a way for a depressed or shy person to let go of their differences and not care what the world has to say. A day should be dedicated to music and for those abut to rock. I hope that one day I can take music to the next level for me and those with the same beliefs and personalities. Music is good therapy so let go of life every once in a while and just relax. Let the good times roll!