Cayley - Glendale, Arizona
Themes: Christianity

Believing in the Unbelievable

I have read His words, and I have preached His views. I have seen the changes He has made in my life and my friend’s lives. How do I know God’s word is real? Because I live on faith and read His truth, and to me the evidence is overwhelming.

As long as I can remember my family has been very ambiguous to the “church scene”. You could say that I am definitely the lone wolf of the family. I made the decision to ask my questions and seek out the answers from the people at my church. Nearly four years later and my search for the answers is non-stop.

Over these four years I cannot say that I have not had any doubts, because that’s a lie. However, over the past year, my life changed, and the doubts disappeared. I achieved this by joining a team at Christ Church of the Valley (CCV) called frontline. Students in frontline go and put themselves out there and try to get more kids their age to come to the youth services. They also focus on making them feel comfortable. I also attended a four week series on Sundays called “EVIDENCE” and a one week camp called CIY through CCV. Ever since then I just let go of whatever made me question, and I developed an affinity for Him, and I started to notice small, but significant instances where God somehow revealed himself to me.

The “EVIDENCE” series was the most powerful sequence of services I attended because the facts hit me on a spiritual level. I enjoyed the feeling that overcame me to know that there are facts to back up the Bible, and that it was not just some chimerical book. The third week of the series was titled “Book of Lies”. Our Youth Pastor Dennis Bloodworth and his team put together a handout with 7 reasons why the Holy Bible is real. Dennis started with its superiority, substance, structure, and science. The science section blew me away! I found out that no archaeological find contradicts the Bible, and you just cannot beat that! Then Dennis finished up with support, how the Bible survived and its salvation.

With actual facts to back up the Bible I just let go of my uncertainties and I feel that through Bible study classes and weekly services I will continue to feed my want of knowledge and truth so that I can begin to share His teachings with the non-believers or those that have questions. It truly is an experience and a journey with one ending destination that has changed my life, but it is defiantly one of those, ”You have to see it to believe it” type of things, or in this case you have to read and believe it to understand that who is unfathomable.