Elisa - Chicago, Illinois
Themes: creativity, hope

I believe in fairy tales. Ever since I was a kid I’ve always wanted to live the fairy tale life. In those stories, no matter what happened, the characters were always happy and had amazing lives and friends and family. I want that.

When I was really little, my parents would read me bed time stories, just like in the books and movies. We had tons of fairy tale books. Everything from big castles to little cottages in the woods and huge balls and even magic was present. Of course, there was the necessary villain or two! After the story was over I’d go to sleep and dream that I was in the story!

I have to say, my favorites were Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Little Red Riding Hood. I want the castle and the prince and maybe royalty, even! I thought the best parts in the story were how the main characters didn’t have amazing lives before, but something changed that. One really good example is Cinderella.

Cinderella had horrible stepsisters and an evil stepmother. She had to cook and clean while they went out and had a good time. She got what she deserved and finally got a chance to live her life. She went to the ball and met Prince Charming. The sisters and stepmother then had to live her terrible life. Then Cinderella and her Prince got to live happily ever after.

I think that can relate to me. Right now, I wouldn’t say my life is great, but it’s something. I feel that one day everything will change and I could live that perfect life. My family is having problems and I’m not sure if I found my Prince Charming yet. One day, maybe I will.

I hope that when I have my kids, they will feel the same. I hope that they’d like to live the fairy tale life too. If I could, I’d like to give that to them personally. One of my dreams that I honestly plan to make come true is to live in a castle. I have it all planned out. I’m going to live in a big castle in New Zealand. I’m going to have a beautiful garden and my own ranch with so many different kinds of animals. I’m going to be doing what I really want and that would make me as happy as if I really were in a fairy tale book.

If I could, I really would have the perfect fairy tale life. If I can’t, I’m going to try anyways. All of the characters in the stories were strong and had faith and were naturally good people. I try to be that although it’s hard in the real world and not off some page in a book, but I believe it can happen. I believe that someday my life will write its own fairy tale. And I’ll live happily ever after.