ROBERT - GREAT BARRINGTON, Massachusetts
Themes: gratitude, love

I BELIEVE IN LOVE. THIS I BELIEVE BECAUSE AS A CHILD COMING FROM A BROKEN HOME I SUFFERED ABUSE THAT EVEN I DID NOT REALIZE HOW MUCH IT AFFECTED ME TILL I WAS IN MY FORTIES. I WAS VERY LUCKY TO MEET THE LOVE OF MY LIFE WHEN I WAS SEVENTEEN AND IT IS BECAUSE OF HER LOVE THAT I BECAME A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY AND HOPEFULLY A GOOD HUSBAND AND FATHER TO TWO INCREDIBLE CHILDREN. WE WENT THROUGH MANY ROCKY YEARS BECAUSE OF THE SUPPRESSED ANGER I FELT ABOUT MY CHILDHOOD WITH ROCKY BEING AN UNDERSTATEMENT AND MY WIFE’S LOVE NEVER WAVERED ,IN FACT SHE WOULD HOLD MY FACE PUT HERS TO MINE AND YELL THAT I COULD NOT MAKE HER LEAVE ME ,I COULD NOT MAKE HER NOT LOVE ME, FOR SOMEONE LIKE ME WHO ALWAYS, ALWAYS ,ALWAYS EXPECTED TO BE UNLOVED IT TOOK SOME TIME FOR ME TO BELIVE HER; YET SHE NEVER WAVERED NEVER LET ME DOWN. I BELIEVE LOVE CAN CURE MANY IF NOT ALL OF MAN’S ILLS,I BELIEVE LOVE CAN RIGHT ANY WRONG AND I TRULY BELIEVE THAT IF MY LOVE HAD NOT COME TO ME AT THAT MOMENT IN MY LIFE I NOW WOULD BE FAMOUS AS A SERIAL KILLER. MANY ARE SHOCKED WHEN I SAY THIS BUT MY ANGER WAS SO DEEP AND REPRESSED THAT IF NOT FOR HER MY ONLY AVENUE WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY DARK INDEED, INSTEAD I HAVE KNOWN JOY AND HAPPINESS AND HAVE BEEN ABLE TO RAISE TWO WONDERFUL CHILDREN TO ADULTHOOD AND HAVE TWO BEAUTIFUL GRANDCHILDREN , BUT WHEN I SEE THEIR DARK SIDES IT REMINDS ME HOW CLOSE I CAME TO NEVER SEEING THE LIGHT. IT REMINDS I STILL HAVE WORK LEFT TO DO TO HELP ERASE MY BEHAVIOUR FROM MY CHILDREN’S MIND FOR IF WE CAN WORK EACH DAY TO MAKING OURSELVES AND OUR CHILDREN A LITTLE LESS NEUROTIC THEN I BELIEVE SOME WHERE DOWN THE ROAD WE WILL HAVE PERFECT CHILDREN AND ALL THIS CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED WITH LOVE AND THIS I BELIEVE