Emily - Tucson, Arizona
Themes: carpe diem

“Love Life”

I believe life is lived to fast, taken for granted, and too overlooked.

As I’m growing up I constantly hear phrases such as: “Life is what you make it,” “Live life to the fullest” and so on. And as I’m growing up it means more and more to me everyday. I live my days by the choices I make and the people by my side. I live behind my camera to catch the things in life that matter most. I live in music and books that give me advice on how to live my life. Staying true to myself and standing up for what I believe in is the best advice I can take in. I wake up each morning with thoughts of how to make my day the best it can be; and when the sun sets I’m still running strong.

I believe that we need happiness to ensure a profound life. We need to get out into the world and find out what it’s all about. We need to live our lives productively and help out ourselves and others. Finding a career, starting a family and getting involved with things that will make the world a better place will bring satisfaction to ones mind, while portraying to others a positive lifestyle.

I believe too much of humanity live their life by trying to make someone else happy, and in turn- don’t pursue what will truly bring them happiness. No doubt about it, many follow a path to lead someone else to happiness and when that path is reached it makes you yourself happy. If you can reach to a content point in your life and supply happiness to someone else as well- more power to you.

Distancing from above statements I have lately come to wonder what happened to the saying, “less is more.” I walk around town and find few who still live by that. It is true that the materialistic things in life can make one happy… but is that what life is about? What happened to the finer things in life everyone once enjoyed? I wonder where the days went where you could sit down on a holiday with your family and not wonder what is going to be given to you on that special occasion. I wonder what happened to the times where one could buy something for someone other than themselves just because. I believe the key to loving your life comes from the gifts of family and friends; not the possessions they can supply.

I believe that people today love too little, hate too often, and don’t care about anyone but themselves. How can you live your life happily with such selfish ways? Greed has sneaked its way into this world and has brainwashed humanity into loving life for the wrong reasons. We overlook what we have and don’t stop to think about how lucky we truly are.

It’s time to start looking forward; To find what life is all about and to bring back the passion we all had once for the right reasons. Here’s to adding years to promising lives. Here’s to life, love and happiness.