Mary - Saint Rose, Louisiana
Themes: carpe diem, hope

Hope

The purpose of a life and its grand design are more a mystery than the revolutions of the earth in the universe. So much can undermine our purpose by drawing us away from our inner voice by the chaotic world beyond. We loose ourselves in the self serving needs of ambition, forgetting the deeper reasons of our existence. We miss the beauty of the world around us. For all things there is a purpose within the sphere of our lives, linked one to the other, touching and enriching our existence. The good, as well as adversity, can lead us down paths of self-discovery, finding a new purpose we otherwise would never have known.

In the rush of youth we hurry to embrace the things of this world, loosing ourselves in frivolous pursuits, but time has a way of eroding those dreams we once cherished. We lose faith in ourselves and the things we once thought so important. Faith will lead us back, guiding us to fulfill the purpose that has been set down in the book of our lives.

Our purpose may change as we grow older but it is an ever-present force in our lives. Awakening us to the possibilities still open to us, a chance to fulfill a dream long dormant under the years of self-denial. Most of us struggle, seeking the purpose and meaning of our existence. Those lucky few gifted with the knowledge of who they are and their purpose, are lucky indeed. But for countless others, like myself, it is a day to day search. I continue looking for that glimmer along a distant horizon.

Faith gives us hope, that beyond the next rise the road we travel will be smooth and the elusive dream of ourselves will be revealed. When we at last grasp our place on this earthly plain. Faith and the need to know our reason for living is what continually drives us forward. Realization dawns slowly that our purpose can be found in a simple “hello” lifting another’s burden.

The sun, moon, and stars fulfill their purpose, the birds, animals, and trees theirs. Man is the single animal upon this planet that must seek his with diligence, watching vigilantly for the snares of this world, which would lead us astray. Even with all the confusion, every moment is precious. I believe where I am now, is where I’m suppose to be. I am kept safe, guided and reassured by God’s love. My purpose will be revealed to me, if I just take a moment to look inside and see the beauty God has created.

I am special, the world around me magical. Life is worth living. Every second, every moment should be captured and saved. Our purpose is here and now. This very moment…make the most of it. Tomorrow is not ours; today may be all we have. Capture the moments within your heart. Each instant is a miracle worth treasuring. This moment, your purpose and you, are one.