Hannah - Marlborough, Connecticut
Themes: love

I live my life by a four letter word – LOVE – four letters that some may even say hold the meaning of life, and for me they do. Known or unknown, it governs the lives of everyone, everywhere in the world. It goes beyond speech, for it can be felt without a word. It goes beyond race or nationality, for as the saying always goes, it’s what’s on the inside that counts. Love simply knows no limits. This is just some of what I have learned in my experiences thus far in my, as most would say, young life.

Love has always been such a familiar feeling in my life. Looking around, I see family by my side, who offer me the first type of love I believe in – unconditional love. Unconditional love is love in its purest form, and has been given to me by my family from the day I was born. Also, since it is unconditional, I know that I will still have it until the day that I die. Away from home, I always find love in another form, the kind that comes from friends. What would the world be without friends, after all? They give me the confidence, companionship, and caring that supports me in all that I do. Like a second family, they give me something to fall back on when I may be having trouble and need a helping hand.

Aside from family and friends comes the last form of love, which may also encompass the first form. The romantic form of love is something that many pursue throughout their lives, and it often takes many years for the long awaited Mr. or Mrs. Right to come along. When they do, however, one may also find that along with romantic love comes more unconditional love. I have been lucky enough to find both romantic and unconditional love already in my life, in one person who I can say that in all forms, I truly love. Yes, despite what many may think, love has no age limit, whether on the old or young end of the spectrum. One should never underestimate the power that love can have at any point in life.

Love has never ceased to amaze me, and has deeply inspired me more than any other feeling, or thing, in life. In one way or another, love touches every life, and often brings the same inspiration that I have found. Not long ago, I discovered a bookmark that almost perfectly describes my outlook on life and love. On it, George Sand quotes, “There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.” In this I believe.