Victoria - Moscow, Russia

A recipe for a perfect job! Do you believe in it?

I live for almost 3 months in Moscow, and I can say that I already accustomed to big prices, to the heavy and polluted atmosphere, to the cold and instable weather, to corrupt officers at each two steps and so on…

My main goal coming to Moscow was very simple. I enter a university, find a job in an office and… I live my life. It seems so simple!

I am just a girl from a little country, Moldova. I was raised in an ordinary family. This year my father offered me the possibility to study in a Moscow Institute. But for living I had to find finances by my self, I had to find a job. I said to my self: “This I believe I can do”. So what if I never was in a foreign country, in such a big city with such cruel rules, and with such big prices! I can do it! My name is Victory or what?

So, imagine a single girl, alone in a big city, who is looking for a perfect job. It is funny isn’t it? But imagine too… I found it!

The main role here had my CV.

At first I thought: “I have no work experience, I am just an ex volunteer, I am not a Russian citizen, and what should I write in my CV?” But then it came to me! I decided to exaggerate just a little bit. It’s not that I lied…

This is what I wrote:

* Secretary – interpreter at the reception. Work with clients, and with correspondence, translation of documents, letters, and news from English into Romanian. This is the exaggerate form of that I was volunteer at the ONG “Neovita” were I was answering at the Hot Line; if somebody came I registered him, and sometimes I was translating the news from English.

* Teacher of Dance and Singing for children between the ages 7-14. It was about my volunteering in a day centre for children with disabilities were I was playing with them, singing…

* I had the opportunity to help my friends with their English lessons.

And what do you think I wrote? Off course, teacher of English for the beginning and middle levels.

At the end it became a perfect CV for a perfect job. In the evening I distributed it on different web sites. It was an explosion. Every day I had 5-6 meetings . And now I am sitting in my office every evening, I answer the phone and I am happy in “Carting Club 21”…

I said my self, I can do it… and I did it!