Hataw - Somewhere, California

A shortened analysis of Ahamdinejad’s letter to Bush

By: Hataw, August 26, 2006

On May 9th 2006, Ahamdinejad sent a letter to the “compassionate conservative” Bush starting with “In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful”. He might see Bush as god and be asking for forgiveness of his sins in his praying letter. He might be ashamed of his fanatic, revengeful, and oppressing attitude towards his opponents who disappeared, were imprisoned, or assassinated in the name of god! He argues a follower of Jesus should not invade other countries; likely this is based on the fact that only Mohammad did so to convert others to his faith. He might think that Bush needs to become a follower of Mohammad before he is entitled to invade an oppressive country.

By criticizing only Gautanomo Bay he might believe the prisoners in Iran are subhuman and not entitled to human rights. By his worries about secret US prisons in Europe, he might think they are made only to restrict the activity of Iranian agents who are assigned to assassinate the Iranian “infidels” abroad. By arguing that Israel was not on the map before World War II, it should be whipped out and replaced with only one Palestinian state, he sees the Israeli violence as a crime and that of suicide bombers as a path to heaven. He argues nuclear technology in Iran is a scientific ambition and might not understand why adults prefer children not to play with matches, especially if those children are oppositional, hyper, or violent.

He suggests that the US government might have planned 9-11 to create an atmosphere of fear; he might be ashamed of the atmosphere of terror he has created for many Iranians who think differently. By stating god knows the truth, he might see his deception as a service to an imaginary deceptive and abusive god.

He is worried about poverty, diseases, unemployment, prostitution, drug trafficking, and other crimes and advocates health, education, and peace elsewhere. He might believe that his oil rich but otherwise corrupt and poor country should be a heaven only for fundamentalists otherwise he would not have denied the rights of underprivileged minorities such as women, Kurds, Bahaii’s etc.

He might believe all the ancient religious figures would have converted everyone to Islamic fundamentalism, if they had a chance; he threatens if people turn back from this fact, they should be aware that we are Muslims. He suggests that paradise belong to those who fear the almighty, as if the almighty is a terrorist who put people on earth to be afraid of him. He argues that his almighty wants purification otherwise he will retaliate against the evildoers, as if the supreme being is as simple minded as the Iranian leader himself who does not tolerate anyone with a different belief.

He believes liberalism and Western style democracy have failed and therefore turning to his almighty is the only answer for everyone, so he invites Mr. Bush to be on his side. He might be deluded that the conservative US president will trust him, if he points out that like him he is also against liberals.