Susan - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Themes: love, science

I believe in the absolute value of pure love and I believe in an equation that uses pure love to transcend the earthly condition. That equation is: When Pure Love = le=mc squaredl(absolute value of e=mc squared), = transcendence. I recently thought of this equation because I am enrolled in a college algebra class and I was reminded of the power of absolute values. Then my father became ill and ultimately died. As my husband and I sat with dad through his death experience, I realized nothing had more absolute value in life than pure love. This reminded me of Einstein’s great equation, e=mc squared, and then it came to me – if all energy is a result of mass moving at twice the speed of light squared, what would happen if love was the only energy we produced? If all our mass, our human body was multiplied by twice the speed of light – squared, and the absolute value of that phenomenon was pure love, the only logical outcome would be transcendence. This equation made complete sense to me, as I have always believed the opportunities to express love and kindness here on earth are boundless. At 5:02 a.m. on July 16, 2006 I sat and held my dad as he died, it was peaceful and beautiful, and I believe he achieved the absolute value of pure love. This I believe.