Gabriel - 55412, Minnesota
Themes: question

My name is XX and I really don’t believe in much of anything. I wouldn’t say this makes me a nihilist, certainly not the scary black-vinyl-wearing, genital-mutilating-attack-weasel-wielding kind. I have tried believing all kinds of things, but every credo I’ve ever tried following has let me down in the end. I then return to muddling through like most of the rest of the world, though few enough of the rest are willing to admit this. So, perhaps that’s what I believe: that in the end we all end up muddling through and it might be wise of us to admit this and get on with it, rather than to bother aspiring to anything more grandiose and liable to failure. There are plenty of opportunities for failure out there without inviting it in for brownies and milk. In addition, it’s probably wise to learn about the great failures of the past, in order to avoid them. I’d at least like my mistakes to be original enough that something new can be learned from them by future generations. I can’t think of one single person who inspires me, rather I think of the billions of people all over the world who get up every morning, muddle through the day until they fall asleep again at night. It takes a lot to keep it up when there seems no end in sight and no end of belief systems ready to take you in. Perhaps some of you who are so certain in your beliefs you would never think to question them might try getting along without them occasionally. It might give you a little more respect for the rest of us. My name is XX, and I really don’t believe in much of anything.