Cindy - Casper, Wyoming

For this I believe: Everything lives in nothing and nothing lives in everything.

Music, art, science, poetry and religions are all about the great nothing running between everything. In the String Theory scientists think everything vibrates in the universe. I’ve given it some thought, and I think waves of sound live side by side with the great nothing. If sounds were always in motion scientists wouldn’t be able to hear the makings of the universe, and we wouldn’t be able to hear the individual sounds in an orchestra. The great nothing! Even on a microscopic level, scientists have concluded there’s a lot of nothing in the stuff of life. Outer space—inner space; we are the stars.

The canvas, the printed page, vibrations live between everything; it’s nothing and everything.

Religion, in its simplest form is all about everything and nothing. The great everything and the great nothing we just call them by different names, life and death. Most religions ask a simple question either from a western or an eastern religious philosophy. Does one get everything when he or she dies or does one get everything when he or she is alive? And what about Moses? He was lost in the desert. On the map the desert isn’t that big! So why did his people wander for forty years or maybe forever? In my opinion the story is about nothing so one sees everything in God.

In my own life, it too is all about the great nothing running. I was born with a mild form of CP. It made my movements jerky and at best my speech wasn’t much better. By the time I was a teen I functioned quite well. In my twenties I was struck down with I.T.P. blood, doctors, and terms. Too many platelets given and they gave me a small stroke! The stroke impaired my speech and it made my CP visible. My childhood came back. I cried for days. My words—the desert took them. A nurse gave me a pad to write down what I needed, but one little problem arose: I couldn’t read or write. I drew a book and put an X. on top of it. So with a lot of help that’s how I became a writer. Out of nothing I found everything.