Jonathan - Port Charlotte, Florida

I believe you should follow your dream, and never give up on it, no matter what, and never let anyone tell you different or shake you from what you believe. This, more than anything, I believe is one thing people should carry with them for the rest of their lives, if they don’t pull anything out of growing up and maturing.

Our beliefs are what make us ourselves; it makes me different from you, him, her, or anyone else. That and our goals along with the passion we seek to pursue are what can carry us above and beyond the rest. I have found, though not always true, if it’s not fun, it’s not worth doing. For some people they go day to day as if they are programmed, no expression, no pleasure, they are merely just getting through the day, and waiting for it to end, while realizing they will do the same tomorrow. This more than anything else is what causes people to have dull, uninteresting, and unhappy lives. Over this past summer, I had the opportunity of a lifetime; I went up to Daytona Beach, FL, up at Embry-Riddle and took advantage of my dream. By the end of those seven weeks I spent, I had accomplished my goal and lived out my passion for flying, and left with experiences and friendships that will never fade from memory.

I love flying, it’s my passion, and has been my dream to fly ever since I was a young child. My heart was filled with this dream and it was, “…Faith that gave me courage to dare to do great things…” and my parents love that helped me “…find my wings…” I was constantly encouraged by my friends and family to keep on pursuing my passion, and to never let anyone say that I couldn’t do it.

If you don’t carry anything else into adulthood, remember this, always pursue your passion, no matter what it is, always reach for that dream. I intend to carry out my dream into a professional career later in life, and plan on enjoying every last bit of it, no matter what. Not letting anything anyone says to me get in my way, because, “It’s not living if you don’t reach for the sky.” You should follow your dream, and never give up on it, no matter what, and never let anyone tell you different or shake you from what you believe, this is what I believe, what about you?